Ken Burgin from ProfitableHospitality.com hosted me on a podcast about partnerships in cafes, restaurants, bars and other hospitality businesses. We discussed:
- The difference between what normal people call a partnership and the legal entities behind them.
- Why a legal partnership is a bad idea, and why a company or a trust is better.
- What goes into a good partnership agreement, shareholder agreement or unit holder agreement.
- Dealing with working and silent partners.
- The importance of buy-sell agreements.
- What can go wrong, and how to fix it.