Caterers & Catering Businesses

Caterers & Catering Businesses 2017-06-01T13:06:09+10:00

Food safety

Your business’s premises will, in all likelihood, need class 2 food registration.

Moving food from the main premises to an off-site premises requires an approved transport vehicle.

Liquor licensing

Reserving the right to sell alcohol at a off-site catered event can be a good source of revenue, not to mention a great selling point.

Your business will probably need a renewable limited liquor licence. If serving alcohol is a one-off, a temporary limited licence would be sufficient.

There are strict time limits for the Commission to consider a liquor licence application. Don’t leave it too late!

Thinking about operating from home?

It’s possible. Two big hurdles to jump through:

This will include preparing food at home to sell from a stall or food truck.

How Whites Legal can help

We have a wealth of information on the legal issues for catering businesses, and how Whites Legal can help your business.
Not interested in reading? Get in touch.

Let’s get you started

Contact us by email
Call us on 1300 797 512