Hotels 2017-06-01T13:06:09+10:00

Liquor licensing

We refer to hotels as those doing everything: serving drinks and food and selling takeaway alcohol.

That’s covered by the  general licence, and the late night (general licence) for those looking to trade past 1am.

Kitchen vs snacks

In either case, you’re up for food safety registration.

Preparing meals means class 2, while chips, nuts and other snacks sold in their bag means class 4.

Not serving meals? Head to bars.

No takeaway sales and lots of food? You might be able to get away with the cheaper restaurant and cafe licence. Head over to restaurants.


Looking to host live music? Head over to night clubs and live music  and playing music for more information.

How Whites Legal can help

We have a wealth of information on the legal issues for hotels, and how Whites Legal can help your business.
Not interested in reading? Get in touch.

Let’s get you started

Contact us by email
Call us on 1300 797 512