Restaurants 2017-06-01T13:06:09+10:00

We speak about restaurants as hospitality businesses serving meals and drinks to patrons at tables. That’s because of liquor licensing. It’s a condition of all restaurant and cafe licences that there are tables and chairs for at least 75% of patrons and that the restaurant serves meals at all times while it’s open.

If you’re not interested in serving alcohol, head over to cafes.

If you want to leave more room for a bar, the restaurant will probably need a general, on-premises or late night (on premises) licence. Be advised: liquor licence fees get expensive. Those licences are at least four times the cost of a restaurant and cafe licence, and vastly more to open later.

How Whites Legal can help

We have a wealth of information on the legal issues for restaurants, and how Whites Legal can help your business.
Not interested in reading? Get in touch.

Cut to the chase. Let’s talk.

Contact us by email
Call us on 1300 797 512