Not legal advice. Just general information
The information on this website is only a general overview of legal concepts that may affect hospitality businesses in Victoria. It is not comprehensive. It certainly isn’t legal advice.
The law is highly nuanced. A slight difference in your circumstances could change the legal advice you would otherwise receive. That’s one of the reasons why lawyers spend so long at university.
You must obtain legal or other professional advice, appropriate to your own circumstances, when considering the information on this website and how it applies to you.
Use of this website, or you considering the information on this website, does not create, a solicitor-client relationship between us.
If you want legal advice from us, get in touch.
This is Victoria, Australia
Whites Legal specialises in legal advice for hospitality businesses in Victoria, Australia. The information on this website is tailored to the laws that apply in Victoria.
If you’re from another part of Australia, you’re welcome to contact us. We might have to do a bit of research if we’re not familiar with the specific rules in your area.
The law changes. Frequently. We do our best to keep the information on this website up to date and we’ll change it from time to time. Small Plates reflect the law as it is at the time the post is published. You can see the date in the post.
The information on this website is provided “as is”. Whites Legal excludes all implied conditions and warranties about the information on this website, excluding those implied conditions or warranties which we can’t exclude.
Your access to this website, and your reliance on its content, is entirely at your own risk. We are not liable to you for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential and whether caused by our negligence, resulting from you viewing this information on this website.
If a court determines that we are liable to you, our liability will be limited to either re-supplying the service or information to you or refunding what you have paid us for it (our choice).
You can comment on our Small Plates. You’re responsible for your comments. Don’t post a comment which:
- is inflammatory (commonly referred to as ‘trolling’);
- is racist, abusive, harassing or hateful;
- is false, defamatory, inaccurate, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or constitutes personal abuse directed at other users;
- is obscene, sexually explicit or pornographic, or contains links to other sites that contain or promote obscene, sexually explicit or pornographic material;
- constitutes commercial advertising, the promotion of gambling or the promotion of your own site (commonly referred to as ‘spamming’);
- infringes someone else’s copyright; or
- violates any Australian law.